Pregnancy Sickness Support
Pregnancy Sickness Support (PSS) is the only national charity supporting women with nausea and vomiting in pregnancy (NVP) and Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG). It provides a telephone helpline and an online forum as well as a national peer support network for sufferers to access. It also educates and supports healthcare professionals treating the condition and is actively involved in research and service development.
The charity provides information leaflets and a website with all the latest information about treatments as well help with a wide range of issues such as coping strategies, employment rights, information for carers and preparation for further HG pregnancies.
Birthrights is the UK’s only organisation dedicated to improving women’s experience of pregnancy and childbirth by promoting respect for human rights. We believe that all women are entitled to respectful maternity care that protects their fundamental rights to dignity, autonomy, privacy and equality.
What are your rights in pregnancy and childbirth?
- Every woman has a right to receive safe and appropriate maternity care.
- Every woman has a right to maternity care that respects her fundamental human dignity.
- Every woman has a right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Every woman is free to make choices about her own pregnancy and childbirth, even if her caregivers do not agree with her.
- Every woman has a right to equality and freedom from discrimination.